API documentation

Developer
Jun 1, 2011 at 6:26 PM
Edited Jun 1, 2011 at 6:26 PM

First of all, I want to say thanks for all your hard work. I been looking into grid API for MVC, and I settled on yours since it uses what seems to be the best Jquery grid (jqGrid), offers a simple way of separating presentation from the controller, and most importantly, uses the Lesser GPL. I don't want to learn multiple APIs depending on if I am working on a personal Open Source project, or some closed source software for a client, and thankfully this licence allows for that (if i read it correctly).

It trying to learn your API, I am finding it difficult to learn what options and features are available and supported. The downloadable examples are good, but the online simple grid tutorial is outdated, and there are a lot of methods that don't have any documentation, both in the XML and online. I complied the XML documentation from the source code, but it might be good to include it with the binaries.

I am just learning this, but if there is a way I can help with the documentation let me know.

Thanks again,

Phillip

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I'll admit that I didn't dedicate enough time to document the features and demonstrate the available configuration options.

mfagerlund has made a great deal of work to enhance the example project as part of the 1.4.0.0 release, but there is still much work to be done.

If you have the time and are interested, email me and we'll discuss the details, and anyway thanks for the kind words.

Developer
Jun 1, 2011 at 8:19 PM

I do have some time currently. However, I just started learning jqGrid and your API as of yesterday. If you would still like my help with doing some documentation however, I don’t mind helping out there. As I am just learning it, it might make sense that I write some stuff down J.

Phil

Sent: June-01-11 3:00 PM
To: phillip.cd.jones@gmail.com
Subject: Re: API documentation [MVCjQueryControls:259826]

I'll admit that I didn't dedicate enough time to document the features and demonstrate the available configuration options.

mfagerlund has made a great deal of work to enhance the example project as part of the 1.4.0.0 release, but there is still much work to be done.

If you have the time and are interested, email me and we'll discuss the details, and anyway thanks for the kind words.