SubGrids in SubGrids

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I have a UI requirement calling for double nesting of subgrids (subgrids within subgrids within the main grid).  The second level of subgridding has been difficult for me.  

The first subgrid is based upon the primary key value in its parent row of the main grid (which named at design time).  So, the second level subgrid would depend on the primary key in its parent row in the first subgrid.

However, unlike the main grid, this first level subgrid is named dynamically in the browser based on the main grid name and contain row's primary key value.  (<table id="dynamicname"> in html).  So, it seems that the first subgrids' dynamic naming prevents the second subgrid identifying it and thus locating related the primary key value.  Am I correct?

(...SetName() method and Name property have no effect ...)

Is there a actually a way to multi-level subgrids that I'm missing?  Do you know of a way to implement this in jQuery?  Or, do you know of a "trick" in that I can use in .NET?

Thanks!

-Bill Z.

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Hi,

I see the problem in code, I'll try to fix this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I've comitted the fix, checkout changeset 70094

Sep 26, 2011 at 4:14 PM
Edited Sep 26, 2011 at 4:15 PM
sternr,
Thank you very much for jumping on this and making the fix.
-BillZ

To: [email removed]
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 10:53:19 -0700
Subject: Re: SubGrids in SubGrids [MVCjQueryControls:273533]

I've comitted the fix, checkout changeset 70094
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MVCjQueryControls@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email MVCjQueryControls@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Sep 26, 2011 at 5:23 PM

NOTE: 

Changeset 70094 does not build for me.  

GridControl.cs lines 354 and 355 refer to new GridColumnModel.OnCellSelect member that apparently was not checked in.

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2011 at 7:47 AM

Sorry, I've comitted the missing part